For more information about this role, get in touch with us at:
020 8831 6353
Our Family Hub Service sits within Early Help and comprises of Family Hub Workers (Early Years and Youth), Family Coaches, Lead Youth Workers, Substance Misuse Workers, Parenting Workers and a Youth Engagement Officer.
Hours of work:
Shifts would be Monday – Friday, 09:00am – 17:00pm three or four days a week, then 12:00pm – 20:00pm for the remaining days. 1 hour for lunch.
Annual holiday entitlement:
25 days plus statutory holiday entitlement
£210 per week
Achieving for Children (AfC) Family Hub, Windsor Youth Centre, Alma Road, Windsor, SL4 3HD
Working directly for the; Youth Engagement Officer
- Support the organisation and delivery of youth engagement groups e.g. Youth Council – this may include taking minutes.
- Supporting young people with youth voice projects, this will include liaising with local organisations and services.
- Tracking youth voice actions and consultation requests using IT packages.
- With the support of the Youth Engagement Officer, lead on consultation events/projects for young people.
- Support the projects and activities that are lead by Youth Engagement groups.
- Support with the organisation and delivery of fun, social, educational activities for children in care. Booking activities, completing offsite paperwork and developing publicity.
- Coordinating professional and young people meetings at the request of the Youth Engagement Officer.
- Update the ‘Youth Voice’ section of the AfC info website.
Skills & abilities required:
- Excellent communication skills with clear spoken English.
- Knowledge of customer care, able to deal professionally with personal and telephone callers.
- Accurate I.T. skills and knowledge of MS Word and Excel, and the Internet.
- Able to work flexibly and independently within a team; asking for and giving support as needed.
- Able to understand and respect the importance of confidentiality, both within and outside the workplace.
- Aware of Health & Safety and Equality & Diversity.
- Able to understand the importance of being punctual and the impact absence has on the effectiveness of the team.
- Anyone aged 16 and over may apply for this apprenticeship.
- GCSE passes in Maths and English are desirable requirements.
- Applicants must reasonably be able to travel to work within a maximum of 1 hour.
- Level 3 Business Administration Standard – (click for more information)
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT at Level 2 (if required)
- Minimum duration: Typically 18 Months
- A minimum of 1 day per week will be allocated for training purposes
This apprenticeship vacancy will be subject to an enhanced DBS check