Employer description: Our Family Hub Service sits within Early Help and comprises of Family Hub Workers (Early Years and Youth), Family Coaches, Lead Youth Workers, Substance Misuse Workers, Parenting Workers and a Youth Engagement Officer.
Hours of work: Shifts would be Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm three or four days a week, then 12.00pm – 8.00pm for the remaining days. 1 hour for lunch.
Annual holiday entitlement: 25 days plus statutory holiday entitlement
Closing date: 01/08/2021
Start date: 01/09/2021
Pay: £210 per week
Location: AfC Family Hub, Windsor Youth Centre, Alma Road, Windsor, SL4 3HD
Working directly for the; Youth Engagement Officer
- Support the organisation and delivery of youth engagement groups e.g. Youth Council – this may include taking minutes.
- Supporting young people with youth voice projects, this will include liaising with local organisations and services.
- Tracking youth voice actions and consultation requests using IT packages.
- With the support of the Youth Engagement Officer, lead on consultation events/projects for young people.
- Support the projects and activities that are lead by Youth Engagement groups.
- Support with the organisation and delivery of fun, social, educational activities for children in care. Booking activities, completing offsite paperwork and developing publicity.
- Coordinating professional and young people meetings at the request of the Youth Engagement Officer.
- Update the ‘Youth Voice’ section of the AfC info website.
Skills & abilities required:
- Excellent communication skills with clear spoken English.
- Knowledge of customer care, able to deal professionally with personal and telephone callers.
- Accurate I.T. skills and knowledge of MS Word and Excel, and the Internet.
- Able to work flexibly and independently within a team; asking for and giving support as needed.
- Able to understand and respect the importance of confidentiality, both within and outside the workplace.
- Aware of Health & Safety and Equality & Diversity.
- Able to understand the importance of being punctual and the impact absence has on the effectiveness of the team.
- Anyone aged 16 and over may apply for this apprenticeship.
- GCSE passes in Maths and English are desirable requirements.
- Applicants must reasonably be able to travel to work within a maximum of 1 hour.
- Level 3 Business Administration Standard – (click for more information)
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT at Level 2 (if required)
- Minimum duration: Typically 18 Months
- A minimum of 1 day per week will be allocated for training purposes
This apprenticeship vacancy will be subject to an enhanced DBS check