Organisation Name: Tolworth School Phone No: 0208 399 4231
Apprenticeship Pathway: Teaching Assistant Level 3
Contacts: Rachel Nye, Headteacher
Address: School Ln, Surbiton KT6 7QJ
Employer Description: Tolworth School is a federation that formally links Tolworth Infant and Nursery School with Tolworth Junior School
Hours of Work: 36 hours per week. Monday – Thursday 8:30 – 5:00 & Friday 9:00 – 3:30
Annual Holiday Entitlement: 28 days during the school holidays plus bank holidays
Pay: £245 per week
Position Title: Nursery Assistant Apprentice
Closing date: 22/08/2022
Start date: 01/09/2022
Responsible to the Class Teacher: You will support the headteacher and promote the development of the pupils and the school aims by carrying out your duties and responsibilities pro-actively and conscientiously as a member of a whole school staff team. You will be expected to liaise closely with members of your year team.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AS A MEMBER OF THE SCHOOL TEAM ARE:
- To promote the school’s aims and ethos
- To promote and use all school policies, systems and administration efficiently
- To work collaboratively and effectively with colleagues to ensure the harmonious and smooth daily run
To work collaboratively and effectively with colleagues to ensure the harmonious and smooth daily running f the school.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES AS A TEACHING ASSISTANT ARE:
- To have a good level of general education with at least 5 GCSEs
including English and Maths 4 or above (or equivalent)
- To have successful experience of caring for and supporting children between the ages of 3 – 11 years.
- To have good communication skills in spoken and written English.
- To enjoy being with children and to have a friendly, firm and consistent approach with them.
- To have a strong understanding of equality of opportunity and whatit means in practice.
- Supervision and management of small groups of children/child 1:1 in and out of the classroom base.
- To enjoy, and have experience of, working as part of a team.
- To be able to work under direction as well as being able to use initiative.
- To be able to adapt practically and quickly to change of plans and situations
- To be a good timekeeper and have an excellent record of attendance
- To have energy, general good health and stamina.
- To understand and respect the need for confidentiality when working with children and families.
- To have an interest in supporting children with special educational needs.
- To have successful experience of the Primary curriculum and practise
- To have understanding and experience of children with special educational needs and inclusion
- To have experience of working in a school or educational environment.
Tolworth School is a federation that formally links Tolworth Infant and Nursery School with Tolworth Junior School. It aim to provide a happy, inclusive and safe environment and opportunities that help gain the skills, knowledge and understanding.