Employer description: Community interest organisation providing children’s services for LBRUT & RBK.
Hours of work: 09:00am – 17:15pm and Friday 09:00am – 17:00pm
Annual holiday entitlement: 25 Statutory holidays
Pay: £210 per week
Location: Guildhall 2, Highstreet, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, KT1 1EU
Working within a small busy team:
- Answering phones, dealing with customer queries, taking messages & putting calls through to appropriate staff.
- Making appointments & arranging meeting between Headteachers, parents, the SEN Team and other agencies and supporting the Head of Service and Associate Director for SEND with diary management.
- Opening, stamping & distributing incoming mail / dealing with outgoing mail
- Using the database to access information & update records
- To prepare and distribute agendas, presentations and papers and take minutes where appropriate for meetings.
- Photocopying as required, sometimes long runs & scanning in preparation for statutory meetings
- To maintain both manual and electronic records, including confidential records, filing documents accurately recording information and archiving files and in a standard format
- Assisting in task-centred projects as required
- Managing a very small caseload with direction from the Business Support Manager and Deputy Coordinator Assistant Team Leader.
Skills & abilities required:
- Good IT, Literacy and Numeracy skills.
- Understanding of relevant policies/codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation.
- General understanding of national curriculum and other basic learning programmes/strategies.
- Basic understanding of child development/learning and an ability to relate well to children and adults.
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities.
- Ability to use own initiative, be organised and communicate effectively.
- Work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these.
- Anyone aged 16 and over may apply for this apprenticeship
- GCSE passes in Maths and English are essential requirements
- Applicants must reasonably be able to travel to work within a maximum of 1 hour
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Standard – (click for more information).
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT at Level 2 (if required).
- Minimum duration: 12 Months.
- A minimum of 1 day per week will be allocated for training purposes.
This apprenticeship vacancy will be subject to an enhanced DBS check
Community interest organisation providing children's services for LBRUT & RBK