Employer description: State Maintained Primary School
Hours of work: Monday – Friday from 8.00am to 4.00pm with 1 hour for lunch
Annual holiday entitlement: Term time only (39 weeks)
Closing date: Thursday 22nd July 2021
Start date: Wednesday 1st September 2021
Pay: £210 per week
Location: Stanley School, Strathmore Road, Teddington, Middlesex, TW11 8U
Reception – to act as the first point of contact for the school:
- Welcome visitors to the school.
- Provide relevant documentation and information about school matters,
- Ensure that all visitors are signed in and out.
- Ensure that all telephone and email enquiries are handled appropriately, taking messages and delivering calls or dealing with them directly.
- At all times taking responsibility for the satisfactory handling of the enquiry.
- Monitoring and responding to email enquiries.
- Updating social media accounts when requested.
- To use ParentHub and GoogleDocs when required to send out communications to parents.
- Act as first line of contact with staff in LEA departments on a variety of issues and liaise with school staff as appropriate.
- Support the administration of school trips eg booking transport and venues.
Attendance and Safeguarding Duties
- Check phone messages and emails with regards to parents reporting their children absent and recording these on the registers.
- Check registers and call parents whose child is absent, where absence has not been previously reported in advance.
- Add notes to registers with reasons for absence.
- Signing in late children and escorting them to class if necessary.
- Complete school run club safeguarding calls at the end of each day, check each register, note if a child is sick or call parents to check their whereabouts.
- Liaise with our School photography companies to ensure that class, team, year 6 leavers, family, individual and sibling photos are scheduled.
- Ensure timetables are shared with teaching staff/families.
- Assist with photo days by preparing timetables and collecting children from classes.
- Manage collection of orders and delivering orders to class on arrival.
- Liaise with all external clubs, ensure all registers are received prior to clubs commencing and save electronically in the teachers drive, ensuring they have access to updated registers at all times.
- To receive deliveries, checking delivery notes and arrange distribution of goods.
- Ensure that the office is stocked with appropriate stationery items.
- To promote the ethos of the school at all times
- To provide the Friends of Stanley Primary School with assistance and support with the organisation of their fundraising activities
- To undertake training as and when required as part of continuing professional development.
- To take part in the performance appraisal cycle.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by the Headteacher.
Skills & abilities required:
- Excellent communication skills with clear spoken English
- Knowledge of customer care, able to deal professionally with personal and telephone callers
- Accurate I.T. skills and knowledge of MS Word and Excel, and the Internet
- Able to work flexibly and independently within a team; asking for and giving support as needed
- Able to understand and respect the importance of confidentiality, both within and outside the workplace
- Aware of Health and Safety and Equality and Diversity
- Able to understand the importance of being punctual and the impact absence has on the effectiveness of the team
- Anyone aged 16 and over may apply for this apprenticeship
- GCSE passes in Maths and English are desirable requirements
- Applicants must reasonably be able to travel to work within a maximum of 1 hour
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Standard – (click for more information)
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT at Level 2 (if required)
- Minimum duration: 12 Months
- A minimum of 1 day per week will be allocated for training purposes
This apprenticeship vacancy will be subject to an enhanced DBS check