For more information about this role, get in touch with us at:
020 8831 6353
Contracted hours of work:
Monday – Thursday 09:00 – 17:15 & Friday 09:00 – 17:00 with an hour for lunch
44 York Street, Twickenham, TW1 3BZ
Annual holiday entitlement:
31 plus statutory days
£214 per week
Executive Assistant Apprentice
Working directly for the Senior Executive Assistant:
- Supporting the set-up of meetings including arranging refreshments, checking and booking appropriate rooms, ensuring any equipment required is booked, printing agendas and meeting paper packs.
- Preparing PDF packs for meetings.
- Involvement in project work as necessary e.g. within the Transforming the Future Task and Finish group.
- Diary management for the Heads of Services.
- Liaising with other members of the Executive Support Team on any diary clashes that require meetings to be rescheduled.
- Locate appropriate venues for staff briefings.
- Seeking quotes for refreshments and venues.
- Copy typing and printing.
- Chasing officers for reports for meetings.
- Answering telephones, taking messages or assisting the caller where possible.
- Full use of O365 (uploading docs, SharePoint/MS Teams/Stream/Visio/etc.).
- Creating FM helpdesk requests and logging IT calls
- Raising Purchase orders, processing timesheets and Goods receipting
- Supporting Interviews.
- Assisting with reference requests.
- Attending meetings and Minute taking.
- Uploading documents onto the ModGov system.
- Dealing with ad-hoc requests.
Skills & Abilities required:
- GCSE passes in Maths and English or equivalent
- Ability to problem solve and think practically
- Ability to undertake tasks in line with relevant guidance
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Ability to understand frameworks and policies and monitor compliance
- Good IT skills and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Ability to design professional-standard powerpoint presentations
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to treat information confidentially
- Anyone aged 16 and over may apply for this apprenticeship
- GCSE passes in maths and English are desirable but not essential requirements
- Applicants must reasonably be able to travel to work within a maximum of 1 hour
- Level 3 Business Administration Standard – (click for more information)
- Functional Skills in Maths and English at Level 2 (if required)
- Minimum duration: Typically 18 months
- A minimum of 1 day per week will be allocated for training purposes