Employer description: CofE Primary School
Hours of work: 36 hours per week, (8.20am to 4.00 pm including unpaid breaks) working 39 out of 52 weeks of the year (term time
including INSET days). Mon-Fri. Please note although working for 39 weeks per year, you will be paid the above weekly wage for 45.2
weeks per year to include holiday pay.
Annual holiday entitlement: Term time only 45.2 weeks
Pay: £211.00 per week (£9,600 pa pro-rated)
Location: New Malden KT3 3TW
- Deliver work, care or support programmes to individual pupils or groups, including those with special educational needs.
- Enable access to learning for all pupils.
- Provide general support to the class teacher in the management and organisation of the pupils’ resources and the classroom.
- Contribute to the management of pupils behaviour, both in the classroom and on the playground, and reinforcing agreed
policies and procedures whilst being an effective role model for pupil behaviour.
- Support in the development of other key skills which aid pupils’ learning, e.g. Numeracy, Literacy.
- Help translate tasks at pupil level by restructuring them into achievable steps.
- Take appropriate action related to any problems or emergencies that occur during the lesson in accordance with the School’s
policies and procedures.
- Provide admin support to the teacher e.g. photocopying, filing, displays, laminating, collecting money etc.
- Provide general organisation support to the school e.g. maintaining a safe environment, break/lunch duties and educational
- Recognise confidentiality, safeguarding procedures, H&S and the policies of the Governing Body.
Skills & abilities required:
- Warm, caring & patient nature.
- Excellent communication skills with clear spoken English
- Respect for confidential nature of work.
- Understanding of relevant policies/codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation.
- General understanding of national curriculum and other basic learning programmes/strategies.
- Basic understanding of child development / learning & an ability to relate well to children & adults.
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities.
- Work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles & responsibilities & your own position within these.
- Anyone aged 16 and over may apply for this apprenticeship but this position would ideally suit someone aged 18 +.
- GCSE passes in maths and English are desirable but not essential requirements
- Applicants must reasonably be able to travel to work within a maximum of 1 hour
- Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in maths, English at Level 2 (if required)
- Minimum duration: 18 Months
- A minimum of 1 day per week will be allocated for training purposes
This apprenticeship vacancy will be subject to an enhanced DBS check