Employer Description: CofE Primary School
Location: Twickenham, Middlesex
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week, flexible or split shifts, of which 7 hours will be given for apprenticeship training and with 45 minutes for lunch.
Pay: £5.50 per hour with a six month pay review £10,582 per annum
Annual Leave Entitlement: 23 days, 2 weeks of which have to be taken at Christmas/School holiday time only.
Working with the team to provide a service to the whole school:
- Clearing litter, rubbish and leaves.
- Bagging and removing rubbish from internal areas
- Moving furniture and equipment as required
- Ensuring deliveries are taken to the specific departments and stored
- Setting out and removing tables and chairs for assemblies, meetings and lunch
- Ensuring adequate level of supplies in classrooms, toilets and other areas
- Painting and undertaking minor repairs and organising contractors
- Ad hoc light cleaning – spillages
- Participating in training
- Have basic IT skills to access emails, CCTV and door controls
- Securing building and to be available for call outs
- Carrying out checks on fire alarms, water, PE, playground equipment etc.
Skills & Abilities required:
- Ensuring that all visitors, staff and students are dealt with in a courteous and efficient manner
- Ability to follow instructions particularly in relation to the use of equipment and supplies
- Able to work flexibly within a team; asking for and giving support as needed
- Able to understand and respect the importance of confidentiality, both within and outside the workplace
- Able to understand the requirements of Health and Safety and Equality and Diversity
- Able to understand the importance of being punctual, being in good health and the impact absence has on the effectiveness of the team
- Ability to relate to adults and children
- A commitment to the Safeguarding and Child Protection policy which requires all staff to provide a safe environment for children and young people to learn and to promote their welfare.
- Anyone aged 16 and over may apply for this apprenticeship
- GCSE passes in maths and English are desirable but not essential requirements
- Applicants must reasonably be able to travel to work within a maximum of 1 hour
- Intermediate Apprenticeship Framework or Standard – Customer Service
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT at Level 1 (if required)
- Level 2 BIIAB Diploma in Customer Service
- Minimum duration: 12 Months
- A minimum of 1 day per week will be allocated for training purposes
Employment Start Date: September 2019
About St Stephen's School
CofE Primary School in Twickenham, Middlesex