A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic person to join our Nursery team. Christ Church New Malden Primary School is a 2-form entry school, situated on 2 sites. It includes a 52 place part-time nursery (26 children each session). Your role will be to support the Nursery team in delivering high quality childcare to our nursery children (aged 3 and 4 years).
Weekly Wage: £210 per week
Working week: 36 hours per week, (8.20am to 4.00 pm including unpaid breaks) working 39 out of 52 weeks of the year (term time including INSET days). Mon-Fri. Please note although working for 39 weeks per year, you will be paid the above weekly wage for 45.2 weeks per year to include holiday pay.
- To help create a stimulating environment of play and encouraging and supporting the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of our children.
- To help plan and supervise activities such as arts and crafts, music and cooking
- To help children learn number skills through activities like counting games
- To read stories and provide other activities to develop language skills
- To help children learn skills such as dressing
- To ensure that all nursery equipment is in safe condition and adheres to the health and safety, food and safeguarding policies of the school.
- To work co-operatively as a member of the team, supporting colleagues effectively.
- To support the Christian ethos of our school
Candidate skills and personal qualities required:
- Warm, caring and patient nature
- Excellent communication skills with clear spoken English
- Respect for confidential nature of work
- Able to understand & respect the importance of confidentiality, both within & outside the workplace
- An interest in child development
- An awareness of safety and hygiene
At Christ Church New Malden Primary School we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and staff. The appointment will be subject to the receipt of two satisfactory references and a DBS check
- Anyone aged 16 and over may apply for this apprenticeship
- GCSE passes in maths and English are desirable but not essential requirements
- Applicants must reasonably be able to travel to work within a maximum of 1 hour
- Advanced Apprenticeship Framework – Children & Young Peoples Workforce
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT at Level 1 (if required)
- Level 2 CACHE Diploma in Children & Young Peoples Workforce
- Minimum duration: 12 Months
- A minimum of 1 day per week will be allocated for training purposes