Company Name: Bright Beginnings Day Nursery
Location: 3 vacancies in Twickenham branches/ 1 vacancy in the Hampton branch
Employer Description: Nursery unit for toddlers & pre-school children
Hours of Work: 9.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m or 8.00 a.m-5.00 p.m . (4 days per week) with one hour for lunch. One day will be given for NVQ
Annual Holiday Entitlement: 20 days plus statutory days Pay: £200.00 per week with six monthly pay reviews
Age: 16 +
Job Description: Working in all areas of the nursery, as part of the team:
- Working under the guidance of the manager and colleagues, in order to support and extend the children’s learning.
- Contribute own thoughts and ideas to long, medium and daily planning
- Preparing the learning environment, assisting in the organisation of the room arrangement and resources.
- Valuing and displaying children’s work.
- Helping to encourage children’s development, independence, self-reliance, initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Observing children’s activities and contributing to their written records.
- Working in a non-discriminatory way, being aware of differences and ensuring all children have equal access to opportunities to learn, develop and reach their potential.
- Maintaining respectful and genuine interaction with children
- Being supportive and welcoming to parents / carers
- Attending parent evenings as appropriate.
- Following the health & safety procedures to maintain a healthy & safe environment
An ability to complete a complex & demanding learning programme with external examinations is a requirement for Way 2 Work vacancies
Skills & Abilities required:
- Interested in a career working with babies and young children
- Ability to demonstrate patience
- Ability to reflect on learning and actively seek learning opportunities
- To work constructively as part of a team, understanding roles and responsibilities and own position within these.
- Able to display a commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children
- Good communication skills, with clear spoken English
- Able to work flexibly within a team, asking for and giving support as needed
- Able to understand the importance of being punctual and the impact absence has on the effectiveness of the team
- Anyone aged 16 and over may apply for this apprenticeship
- GCSE’s passes in maths and English are not essential requirements
- Applicants must reasonably be able to travel to work within a maximum of 1 hour
- Intermediate Apprenticeship Framework in Children & Young Peoples Workforce
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT (if required)
- Minimum Duration: 12 Months
- A minimum of 1 day per week will be allocated for training purposes