Organisation Name: Milkshake Montessori Phone No: 020 8894 3113
Apprenticeship Pathway: Early Years Practitioner Level 2
Contacts: Megan McClellan
Address: 131 Worren Road Whitton TW2 7DJ
Employer Description: Day Nursery for children aged 3 months to 5 years
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, 20% of which (7.5 hours) to be given for off the job training. These hours to be worked on a shift system between 8.00 a.m. and 6.00 p.m. with 45 minutes for lunch
Annual Holiday Entitlement: Term time only + five days flexi leave
Pay: £250 per week
Position Title: Apprentice Nursery Assistant
Start date: ASAP
- Working in all areas of the nursery, as part of the team
- To contribute to a high quality caring environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, spiritually, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
- To attend team meetings and contribute ideas.
- To provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding under supervision.
- To assist with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children.
- To provide adult interaction with children in the school.
- To be aware of the school’s confidentiality policy.
- Support staff and engage in a good staff team.
- To attend all out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents evenings,
summer fayres and Christmas party.
- Contribute to good standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the school.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature, as may be determined by the trainee’s supervisor from time to time.
- The trainee’s duties must be carried out in compliance with the school’s Equal Opportunities policy.
- Look upon the school as a “whole”, where can your help be most utilised? Constantly be aware of the needs of the children.
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of the individual children from different cultures and religious backgrounds and stages of development.
- To be aware of the high profile of the school and to uphold its standards at all times.
- To be aware of all emergency and fire evacuation procedures.
- To be aware of health and safety at work.
- To understand that as part of training you will be required to move to other parts of the school.
Skills & Abilities required
- Excellent communication skills with clear spoken English
- Knowledge of customer care, able to deal professionally with personal and telephone callers
- Accurate I.T. skills and knowledge of MS Word and Excel, and the Internet
- Able to work flexibly and independently within a team; asking for and giving support as needed
- Able to understand and respect the importance of confidentiality, both within and outside the
- Aware of Health and Safety and Equality and Diversity
- Able to understand the importance of being punctual and the impact absence has on the effectiveness of the team