Employer Description: Childcare which covers early years preschool, out of school play work and holiday club play work. Care for children aged from 2 years until 11.
Contracted hours of work: 40 hours per week, 20% of which (8 hours) to be given for off the job training. These hours to be worked on a shift system between 8.30a.m. and 5.30 p.m. with 1 hour for lunch
Location: 65 Strathmore Road, Teddington, TW11 8UH
Annual holiday entitlement: 20 days plus statutory days
Pay: £240 per week with a pay review at 6 months
Position Title: Apprentice Nursery Assistant
Job Description: Working in all areas of the nursery, as part of the team:
- Working under the guidance of the manager & colleagues, the apprentice will develop the knowledge and experience to support & extend the children’s learning
- They will be contributing own thoughts & ideas to long, medium & daily planning
- Preparing the learning environment, assisting in the organisation of the room arrangement & resources
- Valuing & displaying children’s work.
- Helping to encourage children’s development, independence, self-reliance, initiative & problem-solving skills
- Observing children’s activities & contributing to their written records.
- Working in a non-discriminatory way, being aware of differences & ensuring all children have equal access to opportunities to learn, develop & reach their potential.
- Maintaining respectful & genuine interaction with children
- Being supportive & welcoming to parents / carers
- Attending parent evenings as appropriate.
- Following the health & safety procedures to maintain a healthy & safe environment
Skills & Abilities required:
- Interested in a career working with babies and young children
- Ability to demonstrate patience
- Ability to reflect on learning and actively seek learning opportunities
- To work constructively as part of a team, understanding roles and responsibilities and their own position within these.
- Able to display a commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children
- Good communication skills, with clear spoken English
- Able to work flexibly within a team, asking for and giving support as needed
- Able to understand the importance of being punctual and the impact absence has on the effectiveness of the team
- Anyone aged 16 and over may apply for this apprenticeship
- GCSE passes in maths and English are desirable but not essential requirements
- Applicants must reasonably be able to travel to work within a maximum of 1 hour
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Standard – (click for more information)
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT at Level 1 (if required)
- Minimum duration: 12-15 Months
- A minimum of 1 day per week will be allocated for training purposes