Employer Description: Day Nursery for children aged 3 months to 5 years
Contracted hours of work: 40 hours per week, 20% of which (7.5 hours) to be given for off the job training. These hours to be worked on a shift system between 8.00 a.m. and 6.00 p.m. with 45 minutes for lunch.
Location: Whitton, TW2
Annual holiday entitlement:Term time only + five days flexi leave
Pay: £200 per week with a pay review at 6 months
Position Title: Apprentice Nursery Assistant
Job Description: Working in all areas of the nursery, as part of the team:
- To contribute to a high quality caring environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, spiritually, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
- To attend team meetings and contribute ideas.
- To provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding under supervision.
- To assist with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children.
- To provide adult interaction with children in the school.
- To be aware of the school’s confidentiality policy.
- Support staff and engage in a good staff team.
- To attend all out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents evenings, summer fayres and Christmas party.
- Contribute to good standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the school.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature, as may be determined by the trainee’s supervisor from time to time.
- The trainee’s duties must be carried out in compliance with the school’s Equal Opportunities policy.
- Look upon the school as a “whole”, where can your help be most utilised? Constantly be aware of the needs of the children.
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of the individual children from different cultures and religious backgrounds and stages of development.
- To be aware of the high profile of the school and to uphold its standards at all times.
- To be aware of all emergency and fire evacuation procedures.
- To be aware of health and safety at work.
- To understand that as part of training you will be required to move to other parts of the school.
Skills & Abilities required:
- Interested in a career working with babies and young children
- Ability to demonstrate patience
- Ability to reflect on learning and actively seek learning opportunities
- To work constructively as part of a team, understanding roles and responsibilities and their own position within these.
- Able to display a commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children
- Good communication skills, with clear spoken English
- Able to work flexibly within a team, asking for and giving support as needed
- Able to understand the importance of being punctual and the impact absence has on the effectiveness of the team
- Anyone aged 16 and over may apply for this apprenticeship
- GCSE passes in maths and English are desirable but not essential requirements
- Applicants must reasonably be able to travel to work within a maximum of 1 hour
- Apprenticeship Standard – Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT at Level 1 (if required)
- Minimum duration: 12-15 Months
- A minimum of 1 day per week will be allocated for training purposes