Employer Description: Nursery and Primary School
Contracted hours of work: 8:00am – 4:00pm Mon – Fri (with 30 mins for lunch) 52 weeks (23 days annual leave)
Pay: £10,582 per annum
Position Title: Apprentice Nursery Assistant (Working with children from 3 months – 3 years)
Age: 16 +
Job Description: Working in all areas of the nursery, as part of the team:
- Working under the guidance of the room leader and qualified experienced Nursery Nurses, in order to support and extend the children’s learning.
- Creating positive relationships with all children, parents/carers and colleagues
- Helping to encourage children’s development, independence, self-reliance, initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Contribute own thoughts and ideas to planning
- Preparing the learning environment, assisting in the organisation of the room arrangement and resources.
- Valuing and displaying children’s work.
- Observing children’s activities and contributing to their written records
- Working in a non-discriminatory way, being aware of differences and ensuring all children have equal access to opportunities to learn, develop and reach their potential
- Maintaining respectful and genuine interaction with children
- Attending parent evenings as appropriate
- Following the safeguarding and health & safety procedures to maintain a safe environment
Skills & Abilities required:
- Interested in a career working with young children
- Ability to demonstrate patience
- Ability to show initiative, reflecting on learning and actively seek learning opportunities
- To work constructively as part of a team, understanding roles and responsibilities and own position within these.
- Able to display a commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children
- Good communication skills, with clear spoken English
- Able to work flexibly within a team, asking for and giving support as needed
- Able to understand the importance of being punctual and the impact absence has on the effectiveness of the team.
- Anyone aged 16 and over may apply for this apprenticeship
- GCSE passes in maths and English are desirable but not essential requirements
- Applicants must reasonably be able to travel to work within a maximum of 1 hour
- Advanced Apprenticeship Framework – Children & Young Peoples Workforce
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT at Level 1 (if required)
- Level 2 BIIAB Diploma in Children & Young People’s Workforce
- Minimum duration: 12 Months
- A minimum of 1 day per week will be allocated for training purposes
About Castle Hill Tots
Castle Tots Provision for children and babies from 3 months old