Hours of Work: 8.30 am to 5.30 pm 4 days per week with 1 hour lunch
Annual Holiday Entitlement: 20 days & 5 to be taken between Christmas & New Year plus statutory days
Pay: £150.00 per week with six monthly pay reviews
- Working under the guidance of the manager & colleagues, in order to support & extend the children’s learning
- Contributing own thoughts & ideas to long, medium & daily planning
- Preparing the learning environment, assisting in the organisation of the room arrangement & resources
- Valuing & displaying children’s work.
- Helping to encourage children’s development, independence, self-reliance, initiative & problem-solving skills
- Observing children’s activities & contributing to their written records.
- Working in a non-discriminatory way, being aware of differences & ensuring all children have equal access to opportunities to learn, develop & reach their potential.
- Maintaining respectful & genuine interaction with children
- Being supportive & welcoming to parents / carers
- Attending parent evenings as appropriate.
- Following the health & safety procedures to maintain a healthy & safe environment
An ability to complete a complex & demanding learning programme with external examinations is a requirement for Way2Work vacancies.
Skills & Abilities required:
- Interested in a career working with young children
- Ability to demonstrate patience
- Ability to reflect on learning and actively seek learning opportunities
- To work constructively as part of a team, understanding roles & responsibilities & own position within these
- Able to display a commitment to the protection & safeguarding of children
- Good communication skills, with clear spoken English
- Able to understand the importance of being punctual & the impact absence has on team effectiveness