Employer Description: Early Years Education and Childcare in a Primary School for children 2 years to 5 years
Contracted hours of work: 40 hours per week, 20% of which (8 hours) to be given for off the job training. These hours to be worked on a shift system between 8.00 am & 6.00 pm with 1 hour for lunch
Annual Holiday Entitlement: Term time only
Pay: £200 per week
Job Description: Working in all areas of the nursery, as part of the team:
- Working under the guidance of the Head of Early Years and colleagues in delivering high quality early years provision, offering appropriate play experiences to support and extend the children’s development
- Contribute own thoughts and ideas to long, medium and daily planning
- Preparing the learning environment both in the classroom and outdoors, assisting in setting up and maintaining all equipment and resources.
- To support the development of pupil’s communication and language by modelling clear and grammatically correct English.
- To actively encourage all children’s progress in all areas of development through interaction and extension of play activities. Support children to develop independence, self-reliance, initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Observing children’s activities and contributing to their written records.
- Working in a non-discriminatory way, being aware of differences and ensuring all children have equal access to opportunities to learn, develop and make progress.
- Being supportive and welcoming to parents / carers
- To create a safe environment for children, staff and others ensuring that all Health and Safety procedures and good practice is followed and that high standards of hygiene are maintained at all times.
- To operate simple ECT programmes
- An ability to complete a complex & demanding learning programme with external examinations is a requirement for Way2Work vacancies
Skills & Abilities required:
- Interested in a career working with young children
- Ability to demonstrate patience and a positive attitude
- Ability to reflect on learning and actively seek learning opportunities
- To work constructively as part of a team, understanding roles and responsibilities and own position within these.
- Able to display a commitment to the protection and safeguarding of children
- Good communication skills, with clear spoken English
- Able to work flexibly within a team, asking for and giving support as needed
- Able to understand the importance of being punctual and the impact absence has on the effectiveness of the team
- Anyone aged 16 and over may apply for this apprenticeship
- GCSE passes in maths and English are desirable but not essential requirements
- Applicants must reasonably be able to travel to work within a maximum of 1 hour
- Advanced Apprenticeship Framework – Children & Young Peoples Workfore
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT at Level 1 (if required)
- Level 2 CACHE Diploma in Children & Young Peoples Workforce
- Minimum duration: 12 Months
- A minimum of 1 day per week will be allocated for training purposes