Way2Work is an approved apprenticeship training provider offering full-time job opportunities for anyone aged 16+ with employers who value and encourage them to achieve their full potential. The Way2Work Service is contracted by the Education Skills Funding Agency to deliver Traineeships, Intermediate, Advanced and Higher level Apprenticeships on behalf of the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames Council. Way2Work were graded ‘Good’ by Ofsted in January 2016 and recently re-accredited with the Matrix Standard of Excellence in Information, Advice and Guidance.
“To provide outstanding apprenticeship training and skills for all.”
The overall mission of Way2Work is to provide the best quality apprenticeship training and skills for all learners and employers, by delivering a fulfilling experience that helps people to realise their full potential, achieve their career aspirations and for businesses to develop a skilled workforce.
- To always put the needs of the individual learner first.
- To always ensure that training is of the highest quality and fit for purpose.
- To support the most vulnerable young people to gain skills and employment through meaningful traineeship and apprenticeship opportunities.
- To always listen to our customers and tailor provision to suit the needs of our learners and employers.
- To always deliver the best Information Advice and Guidance to all.
- To treat everyone fairly, according to their individual needs.
- To develop and empower our staff to reach their full potential.
Apprenticeships are available in business and administration, customer service, childcare, ICT, team leading and management, and teaching assistants. All Way2Work learners are paid at least £165 a week with most employers paying around £210. Apprentices are involved in a huge variety of job roles within the public and private sectors including: finance, building control, social services, child protection, youth services, electoral services, schools, housing, revenues and benefits, marketing, graphic design, grounds keeping, sales and distribution, human resources, day nurseries, payroll, PA roles and many more.
The Way2Work Traineeship offer is a bespoke programme, planned around the needs of the young person, but all involving a combination of work experience, functional skills and employability workshops. Some learners also undertake additional qualifications relevant to the sector that they would like a career in for example the CSCS test for construction or early years. The programmes generally run for 12 weeks and start at three points during the year. The traineeship programme is aimed at those young people who are keen and motivated to work, but may need that bit of extra experience or support to obtain an apprenticeship or employment. It will also suit people who would like to try out a role before committing to an apprenticeship.
Way2Work provides real job opportunities that are advertised on its website, and also through the National Vacancy Matching Service, Indeed jobs, and other recruitment sites.
Way2Work Success 2017/18
- Way2Work achieved an overall apprenticeship achievement rate of 79.6% against a national average of just 67%, with all frameworks performing above the relevant national average.
- Way2Work achieved a timely apprenticeship success rate which was 2.9% above the national average at 62% in 2017/18.
- Achievement of Functional Skills (English and Maths) in apprenticeships also stands at an impressive 100%.
These successes are particularly to be celebrated given the harder to reach cohort that Way2Work targets, and are testament to the individualised and outcome focused IAG provided that enables learners to achieve. Way2Work staff advocate how learners’ needs come before the achievement of targets, with extra time to complete given to learners with a range of difficulties or barriers.